Contact Lens Examinations and Follow-Up Care
The doctor at Texas State Optical of Katy have much experience in contact lens fitting. Contact lenses are a large part of the practice resulting in care that is exceptional. An examination will determine the type of suitability of contact lenses for each individual. Consultation with Dr Virani will answer your questions. After evaluation, a trial fitting will often give you the most information as to what type of lenses will be optimal. Oue contact lens assistant are instrumental in providing contact lens services.
The office fits all the state of the art lenses including toric lenses for astigmatism, bifocal lenses, gas permeable lenses and colored lenses. Information can be had from these links, Alcon, Bausch & Lomb, Cooper and Acuvue.
This website will let you try colored lenses on and see how they look on you
Follow-up visits to determine whether the patients are comfortable, can see well and most importantly are healthy, are all included in the fitting fees.
Instructions on Inserting and Removing Contact Lenses
Here are instructions for insertion and removal of contact lenses using ClearCare solution.
Click here to view a video on the correct steps for inserting and removing your contact lenses using Optifree solution. If you have any problems, please contact the office for assistance.
Tips for Contact Lens Care: Good Habits
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with a mild soap prior to handling you lenses. Special (hypo-allergenic) contact lens soaps are available from your optometrist. Always rinse your hands afterwards with clean water. Dry your hands with a lint-free towel.
- Get into the good habit of starting with your right lens first to avoid accidentally switching your lenses. Always check to see if your lens is inside-out before insertion.
- Only use the contact lens care solutions that your optometrist has recommended. Confusion and possible eye irritation can be avoided by staying with one manufacturer’s brand of lens care products. Always keep sufficient supplies on hand.
- In order to maintain optimum visual performance and eye health, you are urged to attend all recommended contact lens progress examinations.
- Clean, rinse and disinfect your lenses as recommended after each use. Except for disposable soft contacts, enzyme cleaning is recommended once a week.
- Always have an up-to-date pair of prescription glsses on hand to give your eyes a rest from contact lenses.